Lemon Water – Start your day the right way!
If it’s good enough for Beyonce and Gwyneth Paltrow, then it’s good enough for us! Ditch the caffeine and start your day with freshly squeezed lemon water (not lemon juice). Squeeze half a lemon in warm water and have first thing every morning and you will feel more energized than ever. Don’t believe us? Apart from the great zesty taste, check out all the amazing health benefits below:
- Lemons are full of nutrients including Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Fibre. These nutrients are key to your inner and outer beauty regime as well as your general health.
- Helps assist weight loss due to the pectin fiber in lemon, which assists in keeping hunger cravings away. Don’t waste calories on drinking lattes, Replacing your morning latte with lemon water – that’s less calories right there!
- Flushes out toxins and aids indigestion
- Reduce inflammation – regular consumption of lemon water will decrease acidity in your body.
- Boosts your immune system
- Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes
- Freshens Breath.
Bet you didn’t realise there were so many benefits of lemon water? Well just one slight negative:
The citric acid in the lemon can erode tooth enamel. Don’t panic and don’t let this scare you away! To manage this you can drink from a straw but when you’re having warm water make sure you wait until it’s cool enough to not burn the insides of your mouth! Rinse your mouth with water after having lemon water and DO NOT brush your teeth straight after having lemon water. As long as your not doing what this guy below is doing, your teeth will be fine if managed efficiently!
Tip – Want an extra kick/boost – Add some cayenne pepper and ginger. Cucumber and lemon water also tastes great! And another tip – Zest your lemon first and use in baking and cooking!
Ami Mahal x